Skip back to main navigation
- Slaying DragonsMisadventure The small band of adventurers are embroiled in combat. One of the monsters they are battling almost flies up a set of stairs. The elf asks how the monster moved so fast. The dungeon master (DM) responds with reference to the map. The elf points out that the DM’s description does not match the map. The DM testily replies that…
- The Autism Spectrum is N-DimensionalThe idea that neurotypical and autistic might be different regions of the same spectrum seems sensible. The presumption that all members of either group maintain a position of inferiority or superiority relative to all members of the other group is deeply wrong and encourages anti-autistic biases.
- Necessary But Not SufficientIf we really want to claim that our societies value diversity and inclusion we must expand beyond the disability model, and hold everyone to a standard of not just removing the barriers caused by difference, but of actively valuing the ways in which difference is a strength.
- Be Still My Beating HeartThen it happened. My heart rate suddenly jumped from 160 beats per minute to over 180. My max heart rate is in the low- to mid-180s. I almost never manage to push it this high even in my toughest workouts.
- Quick Take on COVID-19, UK Policy, and AutismThe UK Government has far from covered itself in glory in its response to the COVID-19 crisis.